19.4.21

Review: The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race

The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human RaceThe Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race by Walter Isaacson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well written current science history (if that’s a thing) of CRISPR technology and gene editing. Isaacson writes a very readable story about the development of gene editing technology, focusing on a handful of scientists that intersect the story at different times. What struck me was how current this “history” is – first history book I’ve read describing Skype calls early on. Isaacson’s descriptions of complex science was very understandable. He also ended the book with the use of CRISPR technology to find vaccines for COVID. I believe I know a bit more about the technology and the processes used to create the vaccine now coursing through my veins, so there’s a personal element to this as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...