19.4.21

Review: Chief Of Staff: The Strategic Partner Who Will Revolutionize Your Organization

Chief Of Staff: The Strategic Partner Who Will Revolutionize Your Organization Chief Of Staff: The Strategic Partner Who Will Revolutionize Your Organization by Tyler Parris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Early in my so-called career, I was introduced to the executive floor of the company I worked for, in the top 15 of the Fortune 500. They had an opening for what I’d consider an IT gopher for the executives. I was also introduced to a older man who was a Chief of Staff of one of the company executives. His job sounded like a higher class version of the IT job, and something I thought I might be good at. I later worked with this individual on a major project, where he further explained how the Chief of Staff role worked in his case. I picked up this book for more detail on the position, and to help me determine if I should consider looking for this kind of job. This book did a good job of explaining the role in its different variations. While it was focused on helping executives determine if they could use a Chief of Staff, it also explained the different talents and roles the job entailed. Given the descriptions, I think I will opt out of considering this job for future endeavors – political fluency is not something I enjoy. Overall, I found the book met my needs learning about the various versions of Chiefs of Staff, and I believe it would work well for executives or HR professionals hoping to learn what the job can bring to a company and how it can be described. Short and useful.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...