19.4.21

Review: Unstructured Data Analytics: How to Improve Customer Acquisition, Customer Retention, and Fraud Detection and Prevention

Unstructured Data Analytics: How to Improve Customer Acquisition, Customer Retention, and Fraud Detection and PreventionUnstructured Data Analytics: How to Improve Customer Acquisition, Customer Retention, and Fraud Detection and Prevention by Jean Paul Isson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have a background working in unstructured content, including analytics. I hoped to learn something new from this book about content analytics. However, the book was more an overview of some of the technology used for analyzing unstructured content and industry use cases. To the good, the author included a number of interviews of managers from various companies using or selling content analytics software. What I didn’t find as useful were the large numbers of lists. The author includes hundreds of lists in this book. It seems the book combed a number of sources for lists and put them together, often covering unrelated aspects of a topic. I also noted that this was mostly about analytics in general, and much of what was covered was analytics of structured data, sometimes combined with analytics of unstructured data, sometimes not. The unstructured data that the author focused on were typical web form fields (think comment fields on surveys) and video analysis, but other sources were mentioned, often in long lists. I’d say this was a good book to introduce the concept to a business analyst in order to give ideas of usage, but the process and technology coverage might be confusing to that audience, and already dated.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...