25.6.21

Review: Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 Days

Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 DaysSide Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 Days by Chris Guillebeau


I began reading this book believing it would focus on examples of side hustles making money. Smartly, the author just included a few examples, and even repeated some examples within the text where it made sense. Instead of being a catalog, he made this much more a how-to for coming up with the idea, kicking off a side hustle project, and operating it. Topics include A-B testing, creating an origin story, and how to set pricing. I found many excellent, basic ideas for creating and operating side hustles that were useful. I have listened to more than 500 episodes of Guillebeau’s podcast “Side Hustle School”. He’s taken many of the lessons described in this series and put them in an order here that makes some sense. I liked the way that he organized his side hustle project methodology in a way that it could be presented as a calendar, although I found some of the days’ worth of work should often take much longer. Good book for the topic, at a practical, rule of thumb level.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...