2.11.20

Review: Never be Lied to Again: How to Get the Truth in Five Minutes or Less in Any Conversation or Situation

Never be Lied to Again: How to Get the Truth in Five Minutes or Less in Any Conversation or SituationNever be Lied to Again: How to Get the Truth in Five Minutes or Less in Any Conversation or Situation by David J. Lieberman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I listened to the audo version of this book. It wasn't the best way to understand the information presented. The author presents ways to tell if someone is lying, through observation and recognizing patterns of speech and actions. Much of the book describes using interactions with the possible liar to ensnare or cajole the person into admitting their lies. Interesting, but practical? Not so much. There are quite a few methods, and the author suggests in places to try them in order until you have an understanding or a confession. On audio, it is just too difficult to remember this list and the order. I can see reading the book, and referring to it when looking for "tells", but the audio isn't much help for that. Overall, though, I liked the concept of having a way to tell if someone is lying. I've read other books on the topic, and this seems more packed with details and examples. However, many of the methods described involve verbal trickery to come up with an answer, so may involve some morally questionable tactics. So I wasn't satisfied. What I'd like is a foolproof method you could learn in 5 minutes or less, and we aren't there yet.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...