11.9.20

Review: The Savage Detectives

The Savage DetectivesThe Savage Detectives by Roberto BolaƱo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Very long and difficult to follow when listening to the audiobook as the many characters come in and out of chapters, and time goes back and forth. The worst part of the audio was that different chapters were narrated by different characters, many (most?) female, but the audiobook narrators were men and used the same voices as their male characters. This greatly confused things.
The writing was interesting, but what was written was not as interesting, if that makes sense. On finishing, I felt I had finished something by a good writer, but couldn't put my finger on what that was... I have "2666" on audio read to go, but I think I'll put it on the back burner for now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...