23.9.20

Review: Happy Go Money: Spend Smart, Save Right and Enjoy Life

Happy Go Money: Spend Smart, Save Right and Enjoy LifeHappy Go Money: Spend Smart, Save Right and Enjoy Life by Melissa Leong
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

One of many books teaching the uninitiated personal finance. The author covers the expected gamut of topics, and does a good job covering the finance basics and the indirectly related, such as selling stuff to raise cash, bond investing, and how exercise fights depression. Given the breadth of topics, when you finish you feel like you've covered a lot, and you have. The voice of the author is what I call Millenial/Attitude, which veers from pithy and funny to sometimes harsh. I found reading a bit at a time worked. The author was Canadian. This means that she was nicer than some authors, and more friendly, but also talked about the Canadian way of personal finance, which can be different than the US or anywhere else in some of the details and terms. Overall, not bad for beginners at personal finance, a light read and simple reminder for the pros.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...