2.3.19

Review: Lifeskills for Adult Children

Lifeskills for Adult Children Lifeskills for Adult Children by Janet Geringer Woititz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a short book that describes methods for a person to keep things together when faced with issues relating to others. Some of the ideas expressed include ending bad relationships with others, starting and maintaining conversations, and the like - basic life skills that may require an extra level of explanation for some. I found it a bit difficult to decide who this was written for. The book repeats that it is for “adult children” many, many times, but I feel this could be taken as a term of belittlement by some of the target audience. Because of this, I think the intended audience is not “adult children” but is the caregivers and friends of people who might be described as adult children. But the advice is more universal -- anyone who sometimes feels some difficulties in common social interaction and relationships would find the suggestions useful.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...