4.3.19

Review: Designing Your Life: Build a Life that Works for You

Designing Your Life: Build a Life that Works for You Designing Your Life: Build a Life that Works for You by Bill Burnett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I remember when I was listening to this audiobook that there were a number of good ideas here on thinking of your life as a design problem, and using tools that designers would use to create new designs. I really like that analogy. On writing this, a week later, I find that not much stuck. A major reason for this is that this book described the way I know I should think about life plans, or more career plans. I didn’t get a lot of new content from the book, but I appreciated the review of concepts and tools that designers bring to the table, like prototyping and building teams of advisers or experts for validation. Note that this was not focused on “life” planning, but more career planning. While many of the concepts have applicability to those looking for other life guidance, like retirement plans or spiritual plans, mostly the advice is aimed at people looking for work alternatives.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...