2.3.19

Review: The Valkyries

The Valkyries The Valkyries by Paulo Coelho
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Coelho’s hero here is his stand-in, a follower of magic and spirituality that seems quite overwhelming to the story, a big personality. This character’s wife is more of a normal person. The book is about how they both relate to the spiritual quest of the hero, with the wife dragged along and by the end appearing to learn more. This one just didn’t grab me. I found the story similar to other hero quest stories, but this seemed too familiar, reminding me of late night B movies about witches and demons and such. Not the best of Coelho’s stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...