6.10.22

Review: More From Less: How We Learned to Create More Without Using More

More From Less: How We Learned to Create More Without Using MoreMore From Less: How We Learned to Create More Without Using More by Andrew McAfee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read “More From Less”, or rather listened to the audiobook, a couple months ago. What I recall is the optimism expressed by the author that the world is using fewer resources to greater effect. This seems to be true to the level the author “peeled the onion”. I’m used to seeing dire predictions of impending doom when reading books about the future, so some optimism is a nice change of pace. There are plenty of stats that show progress. As some reviewers point out, if you peel the onion more or less, you can come often come up with some dire future result, or unconsidered cost or benefit. I think your reaction to a book like this really depends on your outlook on life. I believe I’m pessimistically optimistic, and I kinda liked it. I hope more people get to read this book or others like it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...