3.9.22

Review: Twice Shy

Twice Shy (Unabridged Audio Cassette Edition)Twice Shy by Dick Francis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed Dick Francis’ formula for stories related to the horse racing industry. Most of his stories mix some aspect of horse racing with some other topics, such as glass blowing, survivalist skills, running a veterinary service, or computer security. This one was an early story in computing and coding. The story revolved around a (view spoiler)…who prevails in a typical Francis manner. In summary, a good Francis story, or two, marred by a mistaken belief that technology change moves slowly. If you are not that into technology, the story is a winner.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...