16.7.22

Review: When Breath Becomes Air

When Breath Becomes AirWhen Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow. You know the topic of the book when you start, but Kalantihi begins with his autobiography, where you understand that he was smart, with wide interests from literature to medicine, and ambitious to make his way in the world. He describes his life, then he describes his life impacted by a cancer diagnosis, in a reflective way. I found this very interesting throughout, well written and well thought out, even though he didn’t actually finish the book. It’s one of those books where you feel you learned something applicable to your own life, even though that didn’t seem to be the book’s intent. I rarely re-read books, but I can easily see myself rereading this as I get older.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...