16.7.22

Review: Normal People

Normal PeopleNormal People by Sally Rooney
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I noticed as I listened to this audiobook that I enjoyed the writing. There were passages of observations that were memorable. I also noticed that the story felt similar to some movies, at least as a base. That is, until it got a bit kinky. Then it felt like a lot of movies. I must say I liked the writing enough to want to listen to another by Rooney. Or it could be that I really appreciated the narrator, Aoife McMahon. She has a wonderful Irish voice. Had this been read by a typical American narrator, I suspect I’d never consider another Rooney book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...