15.5.22

Review: The Nineties: A Book

The Nineties: A BookThe Nineties: A Book by Chuck Klosterman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Klosterman leads a trip down memory lane for those that lived in the nineties and were aware of the news stories, popular media and entertainment, and the American mass market of the times. He has definite opinions, and tends to explain them, such as his take on MJ in baseball. His analysis of how the times were different, such as pointing out the 90s were the last time people didn’t have ready access to the internet to look up information, are obvious in some cases, but interesting in his take. I got the impression of that old PBS special Connections, where James Burke reasoned his way from one invention to another event or standard or odd connection, and so on. Klosterman tends to less complex connections, but the analysis tended to be interesting. And it brought on the nostalgia.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...