15.5.22

Review: The Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves Us Forward

The Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves Us ForwardThe Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves Us Forward by Daniel H. Pink
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another entertainingly written book by Pink on regrets. Pink describes the regrets experienced by people around the world, based on research. He categorizes the regrets captured in his survey into four types, describes them, analyzes the situations that bring on these regrets, and provides advice on how to handle regrets. I found the categorization something that I will remember in my own reflection on regrets. I believe being able to categorize my regretful states of mind will help me in dealing with them, overcoming the negative impacts, and using my regrets to impel forward movement. As I read through Pink’s descriptions, I found myself thinking about a recent conversation about careers with my daughter, who has confusion and, yes, regrets on roads not taken. Pink’s advice has been passed on, and we’ll see if it has a positive impact in this instance. Again, enjoyable read and useful categorization and advice. This may be one worth rereading with a highlighter.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...