24.5.22

Review: Comedy Comedy Comedy Drama

Comedy Comedy Comedy DramaComedy Comedy Comedy Drama by Bob Odenkirk
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Odenkirk seems to have popped up when I was tired of sketch comedy, then moved to drama when I was otherwise occupied with HBO shows. So I never became a fan, and have, surprisingly to me, missed most of his performances. I decided to read this one because Odenkirk graduated from the high school that my daughters went to in Naperville, Illinois, and near where I currently live. I figured I might get some taste of his local comedic influences. He doesn’t really go into this much, instead focusing on his time in Chicago in and near to Second City. His stories of Second City were interesting, but I found that as he left Chicago for the coasts, he got less interesting, and the stories he told became more dry. Outside of his stories about Chris Farley, I don’t think I had many laughs while reading this book, and I expected it would be funny. Not the kind of book that creates a fan, I’d say this is more for Odenkirk’s current fans.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...