21.5.22

Review: Sea of Tranquility

Sea of TranquilitySea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed listening to “Sea of Tranquility”. I found the structure reminded me of “Cloud Atlas”, but in a simpler way, and mostly in a “forward” direction, where “Cloud Atlas” went forward and then backward. Or was it more in, then out? Engaging writing throughout. The time travel aspects, not immediately obvious, make some sense by the end of the book. My favorite topic covered was the belief that the world is a simulation, edited from outside, and how that related to time travel. The book leaves many such things to think about. I look forward to reading “The Glass Hotel”, and wonder if I should have read it first.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...