9.6.22

Review: A Psalm for the Wild-Built

A Psalm for the Wild-Built (Monk & Robot, #1)A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the world building, with a kind of Northern California post hippy future, where baristas are important counsellors and government has blocked off sections of the country for nature to heal. And there are sentient and curious robots wandering around that are evolving through recycling. It's a good background and stepping off point for future adventures. The non-traditional pronouns used throughout made it a bit more difficult to read quickly. I suspect that was at least part of the purpose.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...