11.12.20

Review: Brief Interviews with Hideous Men

Brief Interviews with Hideous MenBrief Interviews with Hideous Men by David Foster Wallace
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This sounds so real, the musings of mostly men on topics that cross into cringeworthy and unPC territory. It really feels like I've heard someone say these things before. But were they talking to me or was it something I watched or read??? On audio, with multiple readers playing respective roles, parts of this book felt like being at an erudite Second City sketch, one of the deep thought ones they occasionally attempt. As the first book by DFW that I've read, I enjoyed it and will look to read more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...