7.12.20

Review: In This Light: Thoughts for Christmas

In This Light: Thoughts for ChristmasIn This Light: Thoughts for Christmas by Justin Welby
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It is prime time for all things Christmas in the last week of November. I'm Christian and have a family, so we are busy with Christmas planning and procuring. I listened to this book on audio. I remember hearing some nice, short anecdotes and essays, but on audio, given the holiday-shortened attention span, not much stuck with me. Given the other reviews on Goodreads, I think this deserves better. I'd suggest finding a way to take this one slow, a story or two at a time. This is difficult on audio, so I'd suggest the paper version. I could see this rating as high as a 4 or as low as a 2 with a more thoughtful reading, so I'll mark it a 3.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...