23.11.20

Review: Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education in Business and Life

Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education in Business and LifeThink Like a Champion: An Informal Education in Business and Life by Donald J. Trump
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Trump comes across as a gruff, New Yorker, businessman version of Dale Carnegie, providing business and life advice much like you'd expect in a self-help book. The advice was pretty common for these types of books, of which I've read dozens. I liked that this was a collection of short writeups, like newspaper columns, that held together loosely, often based on something that happened on 'The Apprentice' or in business. You got the feel of the author here, and it's not how the "news" portrays him. The first essay was unexpectedly very positive toward Obama, for instance. Overall, a nice motivational read from a larger-than-life personality, written in the middle of his run on 'The Apprentice'.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...