29.5.20

Review: Why Do I Feel Like an Imposter?: How to Understand and Cope with Imposter Syndrome

Why Do I Feel Like an Imposter?: How to Understand and Cope with Imposter SyndromeWhy Do I Feel Like an Imposter?: How to Understand and Cope with Imposter Syndrome by Sandi Mann
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I switched from a true introvert job, researching new technology for a big company, to being a techie sales person. You betcha I feel like an imposter at times, even after decades, and feeling more so the more there is to learn. I found this book quite interesting, although the focus was not what I expected. A lot of the book focused on the difference between the sexes. According to the book, this is mostly thought of as a woman’s issue, but it impacts quite a few men as well. I found this part of the book, the majority, quite interesting. The book also talks about imposter parenting, which I didn’t find as interesting. So why do I feel like an imposter? One reason could be that some people just don’t like me, and some people just like making others feel bad. This book provides some of the logical arguments to move on from this. Good read, and short.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...