20.2.20

Review: Bloomberg QuickTake: Disruption's Fallout

Bloomberg QuickTake: Disruption's Fallout Bloomberg QuickTake: Disruption's Fallout by Bloomberg News
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I listened to the audiobook version of this, in large part to figure out what it was. This contained a bunch of "articles" that were likely between a page and a few pages each in the written version. The articles were midway between a wikipedia article and a traditional magazine article you might read in, say, "Business Week". All were loosely related to the vague idea of technological or business disruption. It was kind of like listening to a summary of Wired magazine articles. I found the articles were relatively high level. The topics were hit or miss. The good thing is that because the articles were so short, like the Chicago weather -- just wait a minute and it'll change. I'd consider the topics to be interesting, but the writing was a bit shallower than I usually like. The concept of the audio of a theme-based magazine itself was interesting, but I don't think it works as well in audio -- there were mentions of graphics and illustrations that I believe told more of the story than you got in the pure audio format. Perhaps if this was written for audio first, it would have been a better experience.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...