15.2.20

Review: The Girl Who Lived Twice

The Girl Who Lived Twice The Girl Who Lived Twice by David Lagercrantz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There were multiple points while I was listening to this audiobook that I realized that the characters were narrating action that happened off-screen for an extended period of time. It is like listening to someone describe a movie in excruciating detail, even though you know most of what happens to begin with. The action seemed more limited than previous Salander books, replaced by dialog on past events. I am sensing a downward spiral. The ending involves superhuman physical activity and extreme pain thresholds. I don't think Fonzie has jumped the shark quite yet, but we are in that season.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...