24.1.20

Review: Dog Soldiers

Dog Soldiers Dog Soldiers by Robert Stone
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Detailed busted drug deal that is very much of its time, the 70s. Much senseless violence, much weird goings on, from dumpy apartments to dreary hidden hippy hangouts in the mountains. What happens when you get a bunch of folks who believe that they are tough guys on the take, when they are actually a bit slow. Was mostly depressing to read, but with interesting dialog that would work well matched with a plot that wasn't such a downer. This doesn't make me want to run out and read another by Stone, but I know I'll take another shot at his work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...