19.4.19

Review: The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and Your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter

The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and Your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and Your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter by Margareta Magnusson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I expected this to be more of a how-to book than it ended up being. Magnusson mostly tells stories of her life, and of the times she’s had to clean up the houses of people, mostly relatives, that had passed away. Through her often funny stories, I was reminded of the times when my Mother was responsible for her Mother’s house after she passed. I saw the angst, and although it was decades ago, I still remember the weight of the decisions of what to do with every item in the house. Magnusson captures the issue cause by those weighty decisions, and suggests, in persuasive ways like a grandmother would use, to clean up your stuff while you still can, so you don’t excessively burden your relatives and friends after you pass. Nice and short read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...