21.10.18

Review: Catseye

Catseye Catseye by Andre Norton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I remember Catseye being one of the small collection of Sci Fi books that my high school had back in the late 70s. With my first reading, a few decades after I first saw the book, I understand why. Catseye is a sci fi book, but focused on a relationship with animals. It carries some of the same feel as classic Disney animal movies. I'm sure this is what attracted our high school librarians. The book also includes some typical boys adventure in the wilderness, albeit with aliens. I enjoyed the combination of that adventure, bits of mystery, and a kind of philosophy that required talking out thoughts by the various sides involved. Good for a classic sci fi book, with extra meaning for those that enjoy wise animal stories as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...