21.10.18

Review: Descent: My Epic Fall from Cycling Superstardom to Doping Dead End

Descent: My Epic Fall from Cycling Superstardom to Doping Dead End Descent: My Epic Fall from Cycling Superstardom to Doping Dead End by Thomas Dekker
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I've read quite a few cycling books, including some by dopers. This one does a better than average job describing the parties, the excesses, the how-to of doping, but Dekker doesn't come across as a very likable guy after sharing all this. In fact, this reminded me more of "The Buy Side", a book on excesses of a Wall Street trader, more than other professional cycling books. The author obviously relished his bad-boy activities, and that's the focus of this book. There's also the bragging about his easy wins throughout his career. This also left a bad impression. I didn't get as much out of this as I expected going into it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...