16.9.18

Review: Free Will

Free Will Free Will by Mark Balaguer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This bounced around in argumentation a bit too much, making it read like the kind of discussion you'd have with some friends in the dorm who happened to be taking a philosophy class from a fun teacher. I found this easy to read, and written in a light, conversational way, but not so easy to follow on audio. It requires continuous attention to catch all the arguments and counterarguments offered. Quite a few times, given lapses in attention, the arguments seemed to say something is x because it is x, which wasn't very satisfying or memorable. I will chalk this one up to learning how these MIT books work, and will look forward to the next one with some different expectations.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...