14.9.18

Review: Here, There, Elsewhere: Stories from the Road

Here, There, Elsewhere: Stories from the Road Here, There, Elsewhere: Stories from the Road by William Least Heat-Moon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another reviewer says of William Least Heat-Moon "His writing is enjoyable, relaxing and challenging." I have to agree. The chapters of this book read like long magazine articles on traveling, and perhaps that is what they originally were - I listened to the audio unadorned with normal book metadata. The voice of the author is Midwestern friendly, but you also get a hint of the university in the not-so-occasional $10 word. Least Heat-Moon likes to play with words, and for this book I actually found it made the text more interesting. I had previously read his "Roads to Quoz", and this felt more approachable, in a kinder voice and in blessedly shorter essays with fewer digressions.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...