14.1.24

Review: Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Where'd You Go, BernadetteWhere'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Given the ads for the movie that I've seen over the years, I assumed that Bernadette was just a flake that disappeared. I was pleasantly surprised that her character was written with much more depth than I had expected. I enjoyed the backstory of Bernadette, and the bits about Microsoft and Seattle were somewhat funny. But the plot and the modern epistolary nature of the book just fell flat for me. I haven't seen the movie and I do wonder if the architecture aspects are a focus -- that would be a plus I believe.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...