11.1.24

Review: Rounding the Mark

Rounding the Mark (Inspector Montalbano Mysteries)Rounding the Mark by Andrea Camilleri
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Our police inspector is getting older, and that makes this a bit more interesting than the previous installments in this series. Montalbano takes on a James Bond style house infiltration, but has medical issues along the way. In other parts of the book, he delays his detection to enjoy a good meal. Montalbano is getting more interesting and lifelike. I do have a nit to pick here, though. On the audio, his underlings on the police department are voiced as if they were the Three Stooges. I keep expecting a "Nyuk, Nyuk" to be uttered. And there are so many underlings to chose from for the action, and all seem to be written a bit differently, it reminds me of an old Our Gang reel. That is probably my least liked part of these stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...