10.12.23

Review: Pitch by Pitch: My View of One Unforgettable Game

Pitch by Pitch: My View of One Unforgettable GamePitch by Pitch: My View of One Unforgettable Game by Bob Gibson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One of the best baseball books I have read. A lot of my enjoyment has to do with Gibson's personality, during the game in the 60s that he dissects here, and his changed personality as the reflective, older writer. Gibson the pitcher was a mean fellow back in the day. Gibson the writer is willing to tell you why -- how he used his meanness to his advantage on the mound and in life. And you get the impression he has mellowed with age. Not completely, but enough to learn from. Great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...