10.12.23

Review: Horse

HorseHorse by Geraldine Brooks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this to follow a college alumni book club, but I must admit I didn't really keep up with the conversations. I'm very glad I read it though. I hadn't heard of the historically great horse that the book is written about, but I've run across this story in other books since I read this. I enjoyed the feel of the times, from the parts of the story that took place in the Civil War era. And I enjoyed the mystery of how all the introduced people would fit together. The art dealers arc and the final arc about the student were not quite as interesting, but it provided the right amount of closure and completeness to the story. I liked it and would read more by Brooks.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...