23.12.23

Review: Another Kind of Eden

Another Kind of Eden (Holland Family Saga, #3)Another Kind of Eden by James Lee Burke
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Again, the writing is top notch. Will Paton's narration of the audiobook is exceptional. But the story is so similar to others by Burke that it becomes hard to separate. With the Holland Family Saga series, at least you can picture the times that the stories take place, there's a distinction there. But the evil, the touch of the supernatural, the loose cannon, the mostly just hero, they are all aspects of every Burke book. I kinda hope he writes about the bad guys winning once, not just about damaged good guys.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...