13.6.23

Review: From Those Wonderful Folks Who Gave You Pearl Harbor: Front-Line Dispatches from the Advertising War

From Those Wonderful Folks Who Gave You Pearl Harbor: Front-Line Dispatches from the Advertising WarFrom Those Wonderful Folks Who Gave You Pearl Harbor: Front-Line Dispatches from the Advertising War by Jerry Della Femina
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed reading books on advertising in the past, and this one was another good one. What struck me was the playfulness that the author put into the writing. Also, I found his descriptions of selling advertising campaigns to be so very similar to my work selling enterprise software. In Della Femina’s case, he was pitching a concept, but what sold the concept was the team behind the work. It was really the team that was being bought. In my case, we were also selling a concept, one that would require massive time and energy commitments from management to make the benefits come to fruition. And often the project would get reduced along the way. So the customer was buying the idea, as well as the team to implement that idea, the team that could drag a project over the bumps in the road. Idea sales for business has some similarities.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...