8.1.23

Review: White Fang

White FangWhite Fang by Jack London
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Having missed reading Jack London in school, I’ve read two recently, with “White Fang” being the third. I enjoyed this story of the choices a wild wolfdog makes as she grows up, learning the ways of the world, and understanding the mean and the friendly. It was also the story of becoming the best by learning, then starting over when things change. I also enjoyed the descriptions of the dog’s pull to master other dogs, yet to be ultimately and willingly mastered by a friendly human. This one felt a little less pertinent than “Call of the Wild” to introspection, but still a wonderful story, with plenty of opportunities to see the morals in the story.

My sister always complains about stories where the dog dies at the end – she hates investing your heart into a story with a guaranteed sad ending. Here’s what I’d tell her: (view spoiler)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...