8.1.23

Review: They Shoot Canoes, Don't They?

They Shoot Canoes, Don't They?They Shoot Canoes, Don't They? by Patrick F. McManus
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m reading my way through Patrick McManus’ books of his articles from sporting magazines, and am nearing the end. “They Shoot Canoes, Don’t They?” is the one for today, and I say that I enjoyed this one quite a bit. There seem to be more of my favorite types of stories here, the ones from the author’s childhood, with his normal cast of characters, and with some new introductions, like the sporting goods store owner and Sneed, the fish and wildlife guy. Favorite of the bunch is a dog story, called Skunk Dog, of course about his dog Strange. McManus’ stories remind me not necessarily of what I and my friends did when we were young, but what we considered doing… Funny, one of his better ones.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...