2.12.22

Review: 2030: How Today's Biggest Trends Will Collide and Reshape the Future of Everything of Everything

2030: How Today's Biggest Trends Will Collide and Reshape the Future of Everything of Everything2030: How Today's Biggest Trends Will Collide and Reshape the Future of Everything of Everything by Mauro F. Guillén
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The big issue with writing a futurist book is actually writing down predictions. With the written prediction, the reader, as time passes and the world changes, can sense the abilities the author has. Are his predictions turning out to be more or less likely over time? That’s the simplest metric. But readers of many of these kinds of futurists books tend to go another level deeper, to determine if the nuances of the prediction are on target or off. Or if there was an interaction with another prediction that had an impact that the author missed. The exercise is left to the reader. This book was written in a friendly, approachable way, and focused on some bigger changes, as well as the business aspects of change. I didn’t really have any “I didn’t see that coming” moments while reading this book, but I did have a number of “I can see that happening” moments (often followed by a quick consideration of impacts on stocks I follow). This, as well as many other futurist books, is valuable for promoting thought and reflection.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...