28.10.22

Review: Herzog

HerzogHerzog by Saul Bellow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

One of those books where the writing was wonderful, but the story didn’t grab me. I think part of it was the pace. Herzog covers a lot of ground in the span of a couple days, physically. But we are always in his head, where he is thinking, and writing imaginary letters to people, at lightening speed. Another depressing bit was that this was about many different low points in life, divorces, arrests, allegations. It was a bit heavy, not what I was looking for at the time I read it. Still, quite masterful writing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...