18.2.22

Review: Free to Focus: A Total Productivity System to Achieve More by Doing Less

Free to Focus: A Total Productivity System to Achieve More by Doing Less Free to Focus: A Total Productivity System to Achieve More by Doing Less by Michael Hyatt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It’s another book on how to focus to be productive. This is like most that I’ve read. Nothing much jumped out at me compared to the many others that I’ve read. One thing, though. This was written seemingly aimed at managers – people who have the ability to delegate their work to underlings. I notice other reviews pointing this out as a bad thing – it doesn’t mean much unless you can delegate. However, I disagree with that. As a career underling, I found it quite interesting to see how my manager could become more productive were they to use Hyatt’s common ideas. For example, one thing that Hyatt does is to suggest a delineation of delegated job duties and responsibilities, from a request to do research, to a request for research and opinion, to a complete outsourcing of a task or a full responsibility for a project or a process. (There are a few other levels in between those in the book.) I liked how Hyatt created this hierarchy of delegation, and now I know that when my boss delegates something to me in a vague way (which is the usual way in my experience), I must ask for details and specifics of the request along the lines that Hyatt mentions here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...