8.1.22

Review: The Anthropocene Reviewed

The Anthropocene ReviewedThe Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to this audiobook driving to visit my daughter on a kind of serious and concerning mission. My state of mind was dark and meditative. To listen to Green discuss, and discuss deeply, stuff – and by stuff I mean anything – hot dog eating contests, COVID, the movie “Harvey”, the yips, anything. He talks about this stuff and rates it on a 5 point scale, which given the diversity of subjects is kind of nonsensical, but it feels so much like the friendly riffing a group of friends does that I found it, yes, charming. And insightful at times. Green looks at the humanity of this stuff, or he relates it to his own life, warts and all. It ends up engrossing. I had only read one John Green book previously, but I’ve got to read more now. And I need to visit that ball of paint to add my own layer. The book made the trip a breeze. It was just what I needed then.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...