12.12.21

Review: Hit Makers: The Science of Popularity in an Age of Distraction

Hit Makers: The Science of Popularity in an Age of DistractionHit Makers: The Science of Popularity in an Age of Distraction by Derek Thompson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I initially thought this was focused on the music industry, and having recently read “The Song Machine” I expected something similar. And for Thompson’s stories on popular music, some of the same stories and conclusions are repeated. But Thompson goes beyond music with stories about art, movies, and other topics were hits are created. It reads like an extended magazine article. I didn’t find anything very surprising to take away, but I enjoyed some of the stories used to illustrate hit-making.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...