24.10.21

Review: Attention!: The power of simple decisions in a distracted world

Attention!: The power of simple decisions in a distracted worldAttention!: The power of simple decisions in a distracted world by Rob Hatch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve read a lot of these productivity books that focus on attention over the past few years. Distraction and attention have been common book topics, driven by what seems to be plentiful research and a plethora of coaches providing solutions giving people more control over their own time. This is a book by an author who is also a coach. In effect, it is a book length advertisement for the coach’s services. I often review similar book-vertisements, and I gauge them by seeing if they provide value without resorting to spending money with the coach. I think this one does a good job of describing methods to increase your focus on getting results that you are trying to attain while ignoring time-wasters. But if you’ve read this kind of book before, you will likely find, like I did, that there’s nothing really new here. The author does have an interesting way to describe the problem (inability to focus when faced with making many little decisions), which draws out his recommended solution (re-engineer your processes to eliminate those distractions), so I found this one of the better of the distraction books that I’ve read. Nicely done, although nothing ground-breaking.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...