29.8.21

Review: All Systems Red

All Systems Red All Systems Red by Martha Wells
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Robocop" in space. An android, at times displaying the human traits of self-centeredness and laziness, is contracted to protect a crew researching a planet, who are then attacked by another crew with other, similar security androids. The description of the fighting feels right out of a "Transformer" movie battle. This book has a lot going for it. The android hero of the book has a checkered past, loves human soap operas, and has a little more free will than most other security androids in the field. The world is bureaucratic, and oh so familiar in the bungling and the legal ramifications. A great introduction to the character. I will be reading more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...