25.7.21

Review: Effortless: Make It Easy to Get the Right Things Done

Effortless: Make It Easy to Get the Right Things DoneEffortless: Make It Easy to Get the Right Things Done by Greg McKeown
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed reading McKeown’s follow-on to his “Essentialism”. I found this to be full of interesting real-world examples that provided much food for thought concerning the topics being discussed, on getting things done. Here he breaks down getting things done into 15 concepts and provides a chapter for each. Examples are reducing work by eliminating requirements, rethinking (or “inverting” a problem to find a simpler way to handle it and using automation to do something once and have it repeated. While the concepts and the organization weren’t new or earth shattering, the content was interesting and well put together.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...