29.7.21

Review: Dick Francis's Damage

Dick Francis's DamageDick Francis's Damage by Felix Francis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Son Felix takes on the role of Dick Francis as writer of horse racing-themed mysteries. He does a passable take on his father’s writing and stories. I found this a bit more pedestrian than most of the Dick Francis stories. Dick would add in some well researched details on non-racing “stuff”, like glass blowing, or accounting standards, or computer viruses. In this book by Felix, there wasn’t anything that really struck me as memorable that wasn’t pretty closely related to security at horse tracks. In that aspect, this didn’t feel the same. I also felt that the bad guys were a bit too “super human” in this one – the plot on reflection seemed hard to believe. But these kinds of issues don’t detract (much) from the continuation of the Dick Francis legacy. I look forward to reading the next one by Felix.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...