3.6.21

Review: Last Act: The Final Years and Emerging Legacy of Ronald Reagan

Last Act: The Final Years and Emerging Legacy of Ronald ReaganLast Act: The Final Years and Emerging Legacy of Ronald Reagan by Craig Shirley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While “The Last Act” is purportedly about Ronald Reagan after he left the presidency, you get a lot on his life, especially during the presidency, and a lot on the funerals. This was written by a Reagan fan, and from a fan’s perspective. You read a lot of bits decrying poor and biased reporting against the president, putting him in bad light. I wasn’t expecting this when I started. Not that it’s a bad thing once you understand where the author is coming from. With Reagan as the subject, you will get plenty of stories and pithy remarks, and you get those reported here. There isn’t as much on Reagan’s years in isolation while slowly succumbing to Alzheimer’s disease. It’s kind of what you’d expect. The author really does a good job describing the details behind planning for the various funerals and lying in state after Reagan’s death.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...