9.6.21

Review: First Person Singular: Stories

First Person Singular: StoriesFirst Person Singular: Stories by Haruki Murakami
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was just another strange Murakami book. Like most of the others I’ve read, you really inhabit the narrator’s head. The narrator gets some odd stuff thrown his way, and he always responds as if it wasn’t odd, or if it was odd, it was a normal kind of odd. You get the reasoning, which seems to always be told in a comforting way. I have wondered if it was just the way the author writes or if it had something to do with the translation into English. The feeling is always the same. Enjoyable if you like others by the author. I did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...